Tracker is an easily accessible, HP3000/9000 - resident software application for tracking the history of an end user request, problem, or installation ...and its resolution:
|Requests||Hardware incidents||Software incidents|
|Workload management||Problem resolution||Work orders|
|Network issues||Data communication issues||PC related issues|
The users of Tracker are typically:
|MIS Managers / Directors||Operations Managers||Help Desk Representatives / Managers|
|Programmers||Project Managers||Answer Line Representatives / Managers|
|Users||Operators||Technical Support Engineers|
Tracker is the solution for many applications ...including:
|Automation of: ||Performance monitoring of individuals / departments|
|Help Desk requests / resolutions||Workload leveling within departments|
|Inquiries / answers||Track: Equipment / system problems / service histories|
|MIS department requests / resolutions||Create trouble tickets|
|Prioritize requests / problems||Document and identify future problem areas|
Tracker provides for the recording of many items including date and time, user priority, requested due date, review date, complexity, resolution, status ...plus unlimited journal entries.
Additionally, Tracker provides:
- Various methods of entering requests
- Tracker provides several methods of entering requests. One technique is intended for end user data entry, while another is intended for use by a help desk manager or data processing personnel. A third method allows you to access both problem and resolution information via a single data entry screen.
- Categorizing by keyword
- In tracking an item, inception to resolution (in the case of a "problem") or end of life (such as a warranty or contract), Tracker provides you with a means of categorizing problems by one or more keywords. This enhances your ability to more easily retrieve requests related to one or more keywords. You may define up to 48 keywords per problem type. Some examples might be Image, PC's, Query, file system, other hardware, etc.
- User defined data items
- You may specify the values you wish to utilize for the various data items. For example, you may use status codes of O (Open), P (Pending), C (Closed).
- Notification of open requests / problems
- At any time within your Tracker session, you may check on requests / problems due by a specified day. If desired, Tracker upon initiation will notify you of these requests / problems.
- Automatic job abort logging
- Tracker provides for the recording of various checkpoints within a job thereby assisting in the determination of job aborts and providing for the documentation of job aborts.
- Relating problems with similar resolutions
- When entering a problem's resolution, Tracker allows you to specify that a particular problem has the same resolution as another problem. This feature relieves much of the data entry effort as well as providing you with an indicator as to how frequently a particular problem arises highlighting potential training / hardware issues.
- Finding answers to previously asked questions
- When a question or problem arises that has been addressed previously, Tracker's powerful browse capability will find the existing answer so that inquiries may be taken care of on the first call instead of time consuming callbacks.
GBS Consultants, Inc.
17714 Littleleaf Court
Chesterfield, MO 63005
Copyright © 1996 - GBS Consultants, Inc.
Graphics by Starck Associates
Model Trains by Brian Spanel